A number of announcements from VMware Education in recent weeks have seen the introduction of five new courses, including the first of three Technology in Action vSphere workshops, together with four new preparation programs designed to help learners get ready for certification exams. Here’s just a flavour of what’s new.
On the vSphere front, there’s a new five-day workshop entitled VMware Advanced Skills for vSphere Professional Workshop (V6.7). This is the first of three new Technology in Action vSphere workshops aimed at providing the learner with the opportunity to go beyond the theory and explore practical use cases with vSphere in a live environment.
This first offering, intended for anyone aspiring to pass the VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Data Center Virtualization Deploy 2018 certification exam, covers all the exam objectives and provides maximum practical exposure to various vSphere administration and configuration issues.
There’s also a major focus on Workspace ONE with three new courses, namely:
- VMware Workspace ONE: Deploy and Manage (V19.x) – this five-day course includes configuring and securing unified endpoint activation, registration and authentication, as well as identifying and describing major components of the Workspace ONE solution. The principles of enterprise mobility, unified endpoint and identity management are addressed, with the learner gaining the foundational skills and knowledge needed to effectively implement Workspace ONE.
- VMware Workspace ONE: Integrating Digital Workspace (V19.x) – this two-day course focuses on learning how to navigate and manage the VMware Identity Manager console, configuring enterprise and productivity integration, Digital Workspace integration, authentication methods, access policies, web and virtual resource integrations, and single sign-on for a web resource. The principles of identity and access management are also addressed.
- VMware Workspace ONE: Skills for Unified Endpoint Management (V19.x) – this three-day course covers configuring and securing unified endpoint activation, registration and resource integrations. The content includes integrating industry-recognised enterprise technologies with the VMware Workspace ONE UEM (Unified Endpoint Management) console and configuring and managing the endpoint lifecycle. The principles of enterprise mobility and unified endpoint are also addressed.
There’s also a new offering for VMware Horizon – VMware Horizon 7: Install, Configure, Manage (V7.7). This five-day course will provide the learner with the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure platform. It includes configuring and deploying pools of virtual machines, managing the access and security of the machines and providing a customised desktop environment to end users.
The four new preparation programs are intended to help learners get ready for certification exams. Each program will review the individual objectives of the exam blueprint, provide guidance on supporting documentation such as useful blogs and knowledge base resources, and help to ensure that learners are studying the topics most likely to be included in the exam
The exams covered are:
- The VMware vSphere 6.7 Foundations Exam Prep (2V0-01.19), which is a prerequisite for the VCP-DCV, VCP-CMA and VCP-DTM certifications
- The VMware vSphere 6.7 Professional Exam Prep (2V0-21.19), which is a prerequisite to the VCP-DCV certification
- VMware vSphere 6.5 Advanced Deploy Exam Prep, which is a prerequisite for the VCAP – Data Center Virtualization Deploy certification
- VMware vRealize Automation Advanced Deploy Exam Prep, which is a prerequisite for the VCAP – Cloud Management and Automation Deploy certification
Another plus of these new programs is the way in which they help the learner to identify where they need to put in additional effort during their exam preparation.
European Product Manager