ITSMF UK is giving a new look to its annual awards programme, relaunching it as the Professional Service Management Awards and including a number of new categories including DevOps and SIAM.
The revamped event will feature 11 awards in total, reflecting both established service management practices and emerging developments. Amongst the new awards resulting from changes in the service management world are:
- System Integration (SIAM) Project of the Year – recognising the growing industry activity in this area, this award will feature the organisation that has “delivered the most successful service integration (SIAM) project over the last year, demonstrating a clear understanding of the organisation’s end to end requirements and a fully integrated approach to managing suppliers, stakeholders, outcomes, processes, services and workflow”
- DevOps Implementation award – reflecting the increasing importance of application development, this award will focus on the successful implementation of DevOps within an existing service management environment, combining a structured process-driven approach to service delivery and a more agile DevOps approach where appropriate
- Business Relationship Manager (BRM) of the Year – aimed at senior managers who have built strong relationships between IT and the business, and raised the level of business awareness and communication across the whole IT service delivery function
There are also, of course, a number of the more established awards including:
- Service Innovation of the Year
- Service Management Team of the Year
- Young ITSM Professional of the Year
And there’s also recognition of the growing use of new tools and technologies to improve customer experiences with the Digital Transformation Project of the Year. This will focus on the effective exploitation of online tools and technologies such as cloud, cyber, big data, IoT and agile working to significantly transform the service management environment within the organisation.
The awards will be presented at a gala dinner in London on the 7th of June, and will coincide with SITS -The Service Desk & IT Support Show. In fact SITS is supporting the awards, whilst ITSMF UK will be providing media and consultancy services at the SITS show during the 7th to 8th of June at Olympia.
Barclay Rae, ITSMF UK CEO said: “We’ve put a lot of new ideas into our revamped awards which will offer opportunities for a wide variety of approaches to service management.”
Global Knowledge’s best practice portfolio enables organisations from any sector better align their products and services to meet the needs of the most demanding customers. Visit our website to learn more.